Over One Billion
Won For Our Clients
HAVE YOU BEEN SERIOUSLY INJURED IN NYC?
New York City never sleeps. As a consequence, accidents happen all the time. The most common types of accidents usually involve a car. Though there are countless other accidents that happen at work or places of business. It does not matter the scenario in which an accident takes place. What does matter, is that you understand what to do if you have suffered a personal injury in NYC. After an accident, it is important that you have experienced representation. The attorneys at Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff & Wolff have a 90% success rate with our cases. Moreover, our attorneys do not get paid unless you win your case. If you have been in an accident that resulted in injury, give us a call for your free consultation today.
Causes of Accidents in NYC
According to the latest New York DMV statistics, there are almost 300,000 accidents each year. It can be assumed that NYC drivers account for the bulk of those numbers. Additionally, car accidents only represent a piece of all accidents that cause personal injury in NYC. Personal injuries can happen at work or any other place of business. Listed below are some of the more common ways that accidents occur in New York City.
- Car Accidents: As previously mentioned, there are a lot of car accidents in New York. It is estimated that more than 30 crashes happen every hour. In addition, more than 12,000 people require hospitalization after an accident and over 130,000 seek immediate attention from the ER after an accident.
- Falls: According to the National Floor Safety Institute, more than 8 million people are hospitalized each year for falls and well over one million seek medical attention for slips. In many of these instances, people have suffered an injury due to the negligence of another party.
- Assault: Suffering a personal injury in NYC due to an assault can be life altering in many ways. Though overall crime has gone down, there are still a high number of physical assaults that happen each year.
If you have been involved in any type of accident that resulted in injury and was due to the negligence of another person or party, contact our attorneys to schedule your free consultation today. At Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff & Wolff we understand the financial hardship that a personal injury in NYC can cause. Our attorneys will fight for the compensation that you deserve.
Most Common Types of Accident injuries
Accident Injuries can be life-altering events. They can forever change the lives of the victim as well as their families. If a catastrophic injury occurs, it will cause a strain on your health, finances, and relationships. From brain injuries to wrongful deaths, a personal injury in NYC can have a major impact on anyone’s life. Listed below are some of the most common types of accident injuries that occur. If you have experienced an accident due to the negligence of another party that has resulted in injury, make sure that you work with a trusted personal injury NYC attorney.
- Concussion: Concussions are one of the most common forms of brain injuries. Concussions can be caused by whiplash, falling or any other action that results in a major blow to the head. The symptoms of brain injury can include dizziness, loss of consciousness, confusion, etc. In some instances, concussions can lead to long term brain injuries.
- Contusions: Contusions are also caused by a traumatic impact to the head that causes bleeding in your brain. Brain injuries like these must be taken care of immediately. If not, it can lead to blood clots, which are potentially deadly.
- Diffuse Axonal: These are of the most common types of brain injuries. They occur when the brain moves back and forth in the skull during an impact. Instead of the injury being localized, it is more widespread throughout the brain. Unfortunately, diffuse axonal brain injuries are some of the more dangerous types of injury.
- Acquired brain injuries: These types of brain injuries are caused by a lack of oxygen in the brain. This can happen during an assault like strangulation or if someone is drowning.
Head injuries can lead to brain damage or impairment in other ways. Some of the more common head injuries suffered during an accident are bumps, lacerations, bruises or a fractured skull. All of the aforementioned injuries can lead to long term brain damage if not medically treated in an appropriate time.
Paralysis can happen in any car accident. Though it is not likely, if it does happen, it can be devastating. There are long term and short term paralysis injuries. When they occur they can have a dramatic impact on your finances, relationships and professional life. It is estimated that approximately one in every 1000 car accidents result in paralysis.
Aside from spinal cord injuries, there are many other types of back injuries that can occur as a result of a collision. Some of the more common types of back injuries can stem from whiplash. Additionally, spinal fractures, herniated discs, stress fractures and/or spinal stenosis can occur. It is important to get back injuries diagnosed soon after an accident.
Neck injuries commonly occur as a result of car accidents. Many of them stem from whiplash. Some of the more common neck injuries that occur as a result of car accidents include muscle spasms, cuts and bruises, damage to soft tissue or vocal cords, brain injuries and paresthesia.
SPINAL CORD INJURIES
Most traumatic spinal cord injuries are caused by car accidents. However, there are other types of spinal cord injuries due to violence, sports-related injuries as well as medical complications. Additionally, there are other forms of nontraumatic spinal injuries that stem from diseases like cancer, multiple sclerosis, and arthritis. If you have suffered spinal cord injuries due to the negligence of another party, it is important that you contact an experienced accident attorney and receive a free consultation.
There are many ways that burn injuries can occur. Some of the more common ways that burn injuries can be acquired are listed below.
- Thermal burn injuries: This type of burn injury is a result of contact with an open flame. Thermal burn injuries can cause any degree of burn depending on the length of time that you were exposed to the flame.
- Electrical Burn injuries: Electrical burn injuries are a result of being exposed to live electricity. In many cases, damage from an electrical burn is not as visible as those from thermal burns are. However, they are just as dangerous and in extreme cases can cause brain and/or heart injuries.
- Liquid burns: Liquid burn injuries occur when a part of your body is exposed to a scalding hot liquid. This type of burn is most common among younger children.
- Radiation burn injuries: A radiation burn is not common. They tend to happen in the workplace or due to medical treatment.
FRACTURES AND BROKEN BONES
Broken bones and fractures are some of the more common types of personal injury in NYC. They can be caused by car accidents, slips and falls, assaults, etc. When a bone is broken due to the aforementioned, it is known as a traumatic fracture. With more than an estimated 7 million bone fractures each year in the United States, many of them are due to traumatic fractures. Unfortunately, a high number of people suffer broken bones due to the carelessness of another party. Broken and fractured bones can cause you to be out of work and deal with pain and discomfort. Contact the attorneys at Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff & Wolff to receive your free consultation and begin the process of potentially getting financially compensated for your injuries.
Eye injuries can happen at work, in a car accident, while shopping, etc. According to the American Academy of Ophthalmology, there are well over two million eye injuries in the United States each year. Eye injuries can cause intense pain and discomfort. They can also stop you from going to work, which can cause a financial and health crisis in your life. Additionally, eye injuries can be expensive to repair and can cause lifelong damage to include permanent blindness. If you have been the victim of someone else’s negligence or ill intent that has caused an eye injury, give our team of attorneys a call to determine the merits of your case.
HOT WATER/SCALDING BURNS
As previously mentioned, hot water/scalding burns happen a lot. Unfortunately, most victims of scalding burns are children. Hot water burns most often happen in the bathroom or the kitchen. In many cases, it is not the victim’s fault. If the water tank is set at a high temperature (over 120 degrees Fahrenheit) it can cause burns. There are instances in which businesses like gyms, hotels, nursing homes, etc. are not aware that the temperature on their water tank is too high until someone gets injured. Though these types of accident injuries in NYC happen in commercial establishments, they can also happen at home.
According to the New York State legislature, a wrongful death claim can only be pursued by the personal representative of the deceased person. Thus, not any family member can bring a wrongful death claim. The State of New York has specific and narrowly defined wrongful death laws. If you are the personal representative of a deceased person and believe that their death was due to the negligence of a third party, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer today.
Car Accident Laws in NYC
New York is one of 14 states that has a “no-fault” insurance policy. This means that in most situations, all parties involved in an accident that involves a car will be reimbursed by their own insurance companies. Additionally, if you are a bicyclist, car passenger or pedestrian, your injuries will be paid for by the insurance of the car that hit you. This reimbursement will take place regardless of who is at fault. It is important to also note that New York has comparative negligence laws. The final costs of all injuries and damages will be split according to the amount of fault that each party is responsible for. New York City also requires that all drivers carry liability insurance.
The statute of limitations to pursue claims for personal injury in NYC is three years. Additionally, if you get into an accident that causes more than $1001 dollars and/or causes bodily injury/death you are required to contact the police. Elsewise, all parties involved are required to exchange contact and insurance information at a minimum.
Finding the Right Attorney for Your Case
After suffering from a serious injury, financial security is important for all injured women, men, and children. Medical bills can be expensive and it can become even more difficult if you are unable to work an injury due to the negligence of another party. Finding the right attorney for your case can be the difference between winning and losing. With this in mind, it is important to find an experienced and proven attorney to help you to recover the financial damages that you and your family deserve. Listed below are some steps to help you to find an attorney that will be best for your case.
- Referral: When you begin your search to find an attorney, contact your family and friends and ask them about attorneys that they trust and have used in the past. Referrals typically lead to pleasant experiences. They can also help you to establish a level of trust upfront.
- Research: Many people begin their search by using terms like “Personal Injury NYC” on search engines like google or bing. Before you choose your lawyer, ensure that they offer a free consultation. In addition, while you are researching, read the reviews carefully. Pay close attention to their levels of customer service and willingness to help you. Also, ensure that you inquire of their courtroom experience. The attorney that you choose should have specific experience with your type of case.
- Cost: If your personal injury NYC lawyer requires you to pay even if you lose, they may not be the attorney that you want to entrust your case to.
Work with the Best Attorneys for Personal Injury in NYC
At Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff & Wolff we have an impeccable record of results. We have a 90% success rates helping our clients to recover damages. Additionally, our attorneys do not get paid unless you win your case. We are dedicated to helping injured persons to bring personal injury claims against responsible parties. It is important to remember that there is a three-year statute of limitation on pursuing claims for personal injury in NYC. It is also imperative that you receive medical attention quickly after an accident and contact an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible. Give us a call today to schedule your free consultation with one of our attorneys.
GET YOUR FREE CONSULTATION
Our Pledge to You
Cash Advance Loans Available
Medical Care Arranged
We Come to You
No Fee Guarantee
We're New York City's Leading Personal Injury Attorneys
$6.5 Million – Construction Accident
$5.8 Million – Bus Accident
$5.5 Million – Construction Burn Injuries
$5.4 Million – Motorcycle Accident
$4.5 Million – Construction Accident