Experienced & Trusted Medical Malpractice Lawyers
NEW YORK CITY MISDIAGNOSIS OF CANCER LAWYER
Although cancer is considered a serious disease, the earlier it is diagnosed and treated, the greater the odds are of full recovery. When medical professionals misdiagnose a patient’s symptoms, it can lead to a delayed diagnosis of cancer – leading to a more aggressive disease with a higher probability of death.
Depending on the circumstances, this may be grounds for a malpractice claim. If you were a victim of cancer misdiagnosis, contact Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff & Wolff, LLP today to discuss your case.
Paying Attention to the Early Warning Signs Is Critical
Some of the early symptoms of cancer are so general that they may be considered minor ailments. This includes symptoms such as fatigue, loss of appetite and shortness of breath. However, there are approximately a dozen indicators that can be used for early detection and should throw up a red flag. These include:
- Unusual mouth sores (i.e., not a toothache or cold sore) could be a sign of oral cancer.
- Blood in the stools could be a sign of colon cancer.
- Persistent shortness of breath or a persistent cough, sometimes accompanied by chest pain, could be a sign of lung cancer.
- Problems swallowing could be a sign of esophageal cancer or, sometimes, lung cancer.
- Chronic fevers, which could be a sign that cancer has spread, and your body is trying to fight it off.
- Chronic fatigue could be a sign of leukemia, or colon or stomach cancer.
- Unintentional or unexplained weight loss could be a sign of stomach or lung cancer.
- Stomach pain, accompanied by depression, could be a sign of pancreatic cancer.
- Swelling of the face from a cancerous growth blocking the blood vessels.
- Brown or black dots underneath the nail could be a sign of skin cancer.
- Fingernails turning white could be a sign of liver cancer.
- A noticeable enlargement of the ends of your fingers could be a sign of lung cancer.
When a medical professional fails to notice these symptoms, the consequences can be serious, and you may have grounds for a medical malpractice claim. If you believe that you or a loved one reported such complaints early on, that these complaints were ignored, and no tests run that should have been, and you or they developed cancer, you might have the basis for filing a medical malpractice claim.
How the Lawyers at Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff & Wolff, LLP Can Help
If you believe you or a loved one suffered a misdiagnosis of cancer, contact Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff & Wolff, LLP today to discuss your case. Our experienced medical malpractice lawyers understand what it takes to prove negligence played a part in your misdiagnosis, striving to then pursue the responsible parties for maximum compensation.
Call us today. The initial consultation is free, and there is never a fee unless we win.
GET YOUR FREE EXPERT CONSULTATION
Why Choose Us
Four Generations of
We Come to You
5-Star Google Reviews
Never a Fee Unless
Free Medical Expert
Experienced and Trusted NYC Medical Malpractice Attorneys
$15 Million – Medical Malpractice Victim
$7.75 Million – Brain Injury Victim
$4.5 Million – Childbirth Injury Victim
$4.4 Million – Delay in Diagnosis
$4.35 Million – Cancer Misdiagnosis