Clients are never charged for anything unless we win their case!
FALLING OBJECTS INJURIES
Falling Objects Injuries
Falling objects can be dangerous missile projectiles that cause damage to unsuspecting individuals. Falling object injuries can be caused by an object that is negligently placed and/or poor building. In other cases, they can be due to the reckless behavior of another person that has dropped or thrown an item. In either case, having an object fall, dropped, or thrown on you can cause serious injuries. Most falling object injuries occur to the head, neck, and/or back.
Struck by Falling Objects: Construction Debris Accidents in New York City
An injury from falling construction debris can have life-changing consequences, affecting both the person who has been struck and their family members. There is a likelihood that falling debris can lead to traumatic brain injuries, paralysis, and even death.
If you have been struck by a falling object in or near a construction zone, contact the personal injury attorneys at Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff & Wolff, LLP immediately. We are dedicated to fighting for your right to fair compensation.
Types of Accidents
There are many common scenarios for these types of accidents:
- Construction Trash Chutes – A trash chute is required when trash is dropped from a height of more than 20 feet. Errors in installation or use of the chute, including maintaining a safe perimeter around the landing spot for trash, can lead to accidents.
- Falling Masonry – Falling bricks, building stones, concrete, etc. can be especially dangerous. Accidents of this type can occur as a result of negligence in building maintenance as well as at construction sites.
- Being Struck by Lumber – Workers can be injured by being struck by falling lumber, a type of accident that can also occur to a pedestrian.
- Debris Disposal – “Debris” can encompass a multitude of materials of widely varying shapes and sizes. If an object falls from a height, it doesn’t have to be large to be dangerous. Inattention to safe practices in debris removal can lead to injury.
- Other Causes – There are numerous other events that could harm a worker or a passerby, from falling tools, nails, material or metal shards broken loose by power tools to unexpected collapses of portions of a building structure.
Ultimately, negligence may play a contributing factor to all of these scenarios, which gives you grounds for compensation. However, proving this negligence may be difficult and complicated. A highly experienced personal injury attorney is recommended to help you determine liability and receive compensation for your injuries.
Common Falling Objects Injuries
There are many types of injuries that can occur as a result of a falling object. This is especially true depending on the height from which they fall or the velocity in which an item is thrown. Some of the most common causes of falling object injuries can include:
- Accidents on construction sites
- Collapsing structures
- Objects falling off of windows, trees, balconies, roofs, etc.
- Objects falling from moving vehicles
- Persons intentionally or mistakenly throwing objects
When to Work With a Personal Injury Attorney
Falling objects injuries can be serious and have a major impact on your life. Not only can they be expensive, but they can sometimes cause you to miss work and cause a lot of ancillary pain and suffering in your life. Pursuing a personal injury claim alone can be confusing and difficult. If you have suffered an injury from a falling object due to the negligence of another person or party, it is recommended that you work with an experienced personal injury attorney that will fight for you and increase the chances of you being fairly compensated for your injuries as well as pain and suffering that you may have experienced.
The New York Firm You Want on Your Side
If you or a loved one has been injured by falling construction debris, contact Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff & Wolff, LLP for a free consultation. We have the experience and resources that are necessary to prevail in an injury claim. You won’t pay an expense or fee until we have won your case. Along the way, if necessary, we can help you find the medical care you need and even provide cash advances if your finances have been strained to the breaking point. Schedule a free consultation today for a chance at maximum recovery.