Thousands of pedestrians are injured or killed in automobile accidents across New York City and the United States every year. Pedestrians are frequently hit by trucks, cars, or motorcycles due to various negligent factors such as traffic rule violations, driving recklessly, and others.
Several of these cases result in permanent injuries or fatalities. Inattentive and distracted driving results in pedestrians being subjected to catastrophic casualties. An injury or death of a pedestrian due to another party’s negligence involves a personal injury lawsuit, enabling the victim or his surviving family for compensation to their losses and anguish.
Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
The majority of pedestrian accidents are caused by negligent or reckless driving or distracted motorcyclists. Some common causes of pedestrians getting hit on the roads include:
- Distracted driving or riding
- Driving or riding under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Violating traffic rules
- Failure to notice a pedestrian near the vehicle while parking, removing the vehicle from parking, or other lanes
- Driving in lanes restricted for pedestrians
- Violent crimes that can lead to injuries or death of innocent bystanders or pedestrians
- Over speeding
- Inexperienced drivers handling heavy vehicles, delivery trucks, etc.
- Cyclists listening to music on headphones and ignoring or failing to notice road conditions
- Failure to use headlights while driving during the night
- Poorly maintained or serviced vehicles that can fail to respond at the right time
- Women drivers getting distracted with make-up while driving
- Using the mobile phone while driving
Legal Relief for Victims
When you have been involved in a pedestrian accident due to the negligence of a driver or motor-cyclist, you may be entitled for financial recovery. It is important to have an informed personal injury lawyer by your side to help you understand your legal options and your entitlements.
It is the best way forward to getting the highest possible compensation for your losses. Serious injuries such as spinal damage or brain trauma, may have a permanent impact on your life. Major accidents may result in permanently paralyzing injuries, coma, brain death or total fatality. Life-long medications, rehabilitation, and 24×7 tending may become inevitable.
The New York City pedestrian accident attorney may be able to help you get compensated by filing a pedestrian accident claim for your personal injuries including:
- Loss of earnings
- Ongoing medication costs
- Hospitalization charges
- Rehabilitation costs
- Loss of ability to live a normal life
- Dependency on medical devices throughout life
- Funeral costs
- Pain and suffering
RMFW Brings Home the Bacon!
If you or a loved one was in a pedestrian accident due to the carelessness or negligence of another person, contact a New York City pedestrian accident attorney to strike fear in the opposition. The best law firm in the area is Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff, & Wolff (RMFW). We have won millions of dollars for past clients. You can be on this incredible list too if you call 212 697 9280.
The first meeting is free. We are not paid until you are paid. There is not any guarantees but we know how to hit the other side hard and put together a case with very little holes in it. If your case is genuine, we are the lawyers to call.
At RMFW we know the law. We know what counts and does not count. We have won millions of dollars for our clients over the past many years. This is not by luck but by sheer design and hard work.