Free Consultations

(212) 697-9280

no-fee-guarantee-block

MENU

Free Consultations

(212) 697-9280

Free Consultations

(212) 697-9280

MENU

TOP-RATED NYC INJURY LAWYERS

Clients are never charged for anything unless we win their case!

MIDDLE ISLAND: Melanie Lyons And Family Nearly Killed After Home Generator Gives Off Carbon Monoxide

Sep 12, 2016 | Personal Injury

FAMILY RECOVERING AFTER ACCIDENT THAT ALMOST ENDED IN TRAGEDY

MIDDLE ISLAND, NEW YORK (September 9, 2016) – A woman and her entire family were nearly killed after a generator gave off carbon monoxide in her home, according to CBS New.

Authorities have been able to identify the woman that was nearly killed as Melanie Lyons. Melanie Lyons and her family were forced to spend the night at a local hospital after the close call.

Lyons was forced to carry her two sons to safety.

She and her family were able to recover after spending time in a hyperbaric chamber. The family told CBS News that a storm knocked out power to their home on Tuesday. In order to get power, they borrowed a generator from a friend and placed it in their basement.

The generator was turned on around 10:00 PM on Tuesday night and by 4:30 AM Melanie Lyons husband woke up in agony.  It was at that moment that she made the connection that their was likely carbon monoxide poisoning.

Our staff at the RMFW Law Firm would like to extend our thoughts and prayers to Melanie Lyons and her family as they recover from this accident. Generators can be extremely dangerous and are responsible for numerous deaths every year.

Disclaimer