Theoretically, anytime you have been hit and injured by a falling object in New York City, you can file for a personal injury claim. However, unless it is a workplace injury or public facility accident caused by a falling object, it may be rather difficult for you to pinpoint a “guilty party” and proceed with a personal injury claim. In the workplace or in a public facility in New York City however, the following situations will warrant a personal injury lawsuit related to a falling object if:
- Improperly stored items in a warehouse fall down and injure you
- The building collapses and injures you
- A machinery breaks and parts fall on you
- A door sign with rusted screws falls on you
- A box falls from a store locker and knocks you down
These are just some examples, and there can be many more situations in a typical workplace or in a public facility where employees like you are victims of falling objects. As workplace safety standards are very stringent, anytime you get injured by a falling object at a workplace, you can certainly sue your employer for personal injury claims if you are actually hurt of course. If you end up in the hospital with serious complications, you should be compensated.
Other Situations where Injuries caused by Falling Objects will Warrant Claims
Some other examples of where you may be able to file for personal injury claims after being injured by falling objects in New York City are:
- If you are in a public market, store, club, or movie hall, where the ceiling-fan comes crashing down on you.
- You are standing close to a construction site, and some construction equipment, rubbles, or stone slab comes and hits you out of nowhere!
- You are in an amusement park, and suddenly get hit by an object thrown from a roller coaster. Well, you can sue the object thrower here.
In each of the above cases, you will first have to identify the owner of the facility and make that person liable or guilty.
Personal Injury from Falling Objects in New York City: Legal Claims
In a typical personal injury claim involving falling objects, an expert legal team will do the following:
- Assess the extent of your damages
- Visit the accident site to collect evidence or eye-witness accounts
- Talk to the owner of the site
- Check your medical records and expense records
Once an experienced attorney reviews all the available evidences and reviews the merits of the case, he or she will then begin to build the case in a manner, so that you recover the maximum damages in the form of medical expenses, lost earnings, physical disability, and pain and suffering.
If you have been injured by a falling object at your workplace or a public place, let the expert legal team in New York, Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff, & Wolff of RMFW Law, hear your case. Call us at 212 697 9280 for a free consultation today. We know a winning case when see one.
You do not pay us anything – we just keep a portion of the final settlement at the end. We know the law and would like to hear what happened.