A majority of civil litigation in the United States is made up of personal injury lawsuits. Some common causes of personal injuries include traffic accidents, dog bites, construction accidents, dog bites, swimming pool accidents, slip and fall, defective products, fires and burns and medical malpractice.
Clients are never charged for anything unless we win their case!
Important Tips to Settle a Personal Injury Claim
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), 6 million auto collisions occur each year in the US – an average of about 1 car accident per 10 seconds. About 40,000 deaths are also caused by car accidents.
Tips to Settle Personal Injury Claims
Although some people say that it is difficult to settle after making a personal injury claim, there are certain tips that you can follow to make the process easier and less stressful, including the following:
- Understand the circumstances for making a claim: Firstly, it is important to remember that one personal injury policy can differ to another. Before experiencing any type of accident that leads to personal injury, you should understand the circumstances in which you can make a claim against the other party. This can help you prepare yourself an avoid taking unnecessary actions.
- Visit authorities and doctor immediately: If you have been in an accident, the first thing you should do is seek medical attention. Make sure that you get the medical report. You should also report the accident to the police or other authorities like your employer (if it is a workplace accident). You should also make it a point to get a copy of the police report.
- Collect evidence: It is important to gather as much evidence as possible at the scene of the accident. Be sure to take photographs of the accident scene as well as your injuries. Record the time of the incident. You should also collect the personal details of witnesses at the scene of the accident.
- Calculate the claim amount by 2 or 3 times: When you make a personal injury claim, apart from medical bills, property damage, etc., you should make it a point to also calculate the non-financial losses you experienced due to the accident, such as pain and suffering, emotional distress, etc. a smart way to do this is to calculate the compensation by increasing by 2 or 3 times.
- Act slowly and responsibly: Always keep in mind that your claim will be investigated by the insurance company. It is important not to rush the process. On top of this, you should answer all questions and act wisely to show that you are a responsible individual. In most cases, the claims made by responsible people are more highly considered than those made by impatient or obnoxious ones. You get more bees with honey is applicable here.
No Law Firm Knows Personal Injury Claims Like Us
If you or a loved one has been injured due to another person’s negligence or carelessness, you should seek the help of a stellar personal injury attorney at Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff, & Wolff of RMFW Law at 212 697 9280.
One of our lawyers can guide you on how to file a claim properly and make sure that your rights are protected. With the help of a legal counselor from our firm, you can make sure that you obtain fair compensation for damages resulting from the accident.
We are only paid if you are paid. We know how to defeat the other side in a variety of ways and we know how to build a case that is resolute and formidable. There is no guarantees in this field but we will work hard for you and we only take cases that we feel have merit. Call us today! What is your side of the story? What really happened!?
RMFW Law is here for you!