Free Consultations

(212) 697-9280



Free Consultations

(212) 697-9280

Free Consultations

(212) 697-9280



Clients are never charged for anything unless we win their case!

What You can do in Case of Pediatric Cardiac Malpractice

Jan 27, 2017 | Medical Malpractice

A study carried out US-based researchers between December 2004 and August 2007, identified 87 pediatric echocardiographic diagnostic errors. Out of these, 30 percent were errors that were minor in severity and did not pose a risk to the child’s treatment and healthcare management.

However, out of the remaining 70 percent, 63 percent were categorized as moderate severity, 6 percent major severity, and 1 percent as catastrophic. Out of the total echocardiographic diagnostic errors, just 21 percent were not preventable.

These statistics are frightening for a parent. However, if your little one has been a victim of pediatric cardiac malpractice, you do not have to sit back feeling helpless. There is hope if you choose the right medical malpractice attorney.

How Pediatric Cardiac Malpractice Occur

Pediatric cardiology is a specialized field in pediatric medicine. Typically, specialists treating kids do not make medical errors, but when children are diagnosed with life-threatening conditions and diseases, medical errors tend to increase exponentially.

The main reason for this is that kids are still growing and developing, and this makes it difficult for pediatricians to figure out how their bodies will react to medications and other treatments. Also, children cannot explain their symptoms properly and this can result in a diagnostic error.

Pediatric cardiac diagnostic and treatment errors can also occur due to lack of equipment, less experience in treating certain pediatric cardiac conditions and diseases and specialists not having an awareness of pediatric cardiac conditions.

As a result, pediatricians may overlook the possibility of a cardiac problem and test the children for other conditions. This can delay diagnosis and subsequent treatment, causing the kid to suffer and in the worst case scenario succumb to the cardiac condition.

Is it Pediatric Cardiac Malpractice?

It is important to figure out when the doctor has been negligent. It goes without saying that doctors and specialists make mistakes, but if these mistakes are avoidable, it becomes a case of negligence and malpractice. If you think your child’s cardiologist has been negligent and as a result, your kid’s condition has worsened or worse, your child has died, you have the legal right to get compensation from the specialist.

As a parent, you can file a claim on your kid’s behalf. Some of the circumstances that fall under pediatric cardiac medical malpractice include the following:

  • Your child did not receive the right level of treatment and care
  • Your child was injured due to negligent treatment
  • Your child has had problems due to injuries caused by negligence treatment and care

Finding the Right Pediatric Cardiac Malpractice Attorney

It is paramount you consult a malpractice attorney right away. However, make sure the attorney you consult has experience in dealing with similar cases.

Also, the lawyer should have a high rate of success in ensuring parents and kids get the kind of compensation they deserve. Remember, a stellar pediatric cardiac malpractice attorney will always consult medical experts to determine if malpractice has occurred. This usually involves reviewing medical records and speaking at length to the medical staff, who were responsible for treating your child.

If your child is a victim of pediatric cardiac malpractice, you should immediately contract the medical malpractice attorneys at Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff, & Wolff law firm or RMFW Law at 212-697-9280. We know how to win cases.

The first meeting with us is free. These cases are not easy to win and they require a medical expert to back up your claim but RMFW Law has been around the block before and has key medical contacts to support your claim if your claim is viable. We need to speak. We are only paid if you are paid.

Call RMFW Law today!