According to recent studies, medical errors in hospitals and other facilities that provide health care are the third leading cause of death in the United States. According to the Civil Justice Resource Group, a minimum of 65,000 to 200,000 deaths occur each year in the US due to medical accidents.
25,000 to 120,000 people die each year as a result of medical negligence or malpractice. 0.8% to 1% of patients in hospitals become victims of medical malpractice each year across the nation.
Tips to Avoid Medical Malpractice
In recent years, medical malpractice has become highly common in the U.S. Millions of claims are made every year as a result of this. But you can avoid becoming another victim of medical malpractice by keeping a few tips in mind, including the following:
· Choose the right doctor: It is critical to make sure that you choose the right healthcare provider to help you take care of your health or any medical condition you might have. You should look for a competent and caring doctor – medical journals, patient testimonies, etc. are a great way to find information about doctors, medical staff, and hospitals. Find out as much as possible before choosing your doctor.
· Never hide facts and information about your health: Choosing the best doctor, hospital and medical staff is not enough. You should be open about any condition that you may be suffering from. Talk to your doctor about symptoms and other reactions you experience. Not providing your healthcare provider with proper information can lead to wrong diagnosis, wrong treatment, wrong prescription, wrong procedure, etc.
· Find a second opinion: It is always advisable to ask for a second opinion from another reputable doctor. This will help ensure that you have received an accurate diagnosis and you can go ahead with the treatment options that your healthcare provider has recommended.
· Follow your doctor’s instructions: Your doctor will give you a number of instructions to help with your condition or recovery period after a procedure. You should make sure to follow these instructions. If you have any issues after following the instructions, you should immediately report them to your doctor.
· Always have support: It is a good idea to always have a friend or family member with you when you go to the doctor or hospital. Having another set of eyes and ears never hurts as it helps ensure that everything is going well. There may be times when you are in pain, unconscious, or disoriented and it could make a profound difference to have an advocate to support you and help make sure that you are getting the medical attention you need.
Your Pain is Our Pain
If you or a loved one has suffered injury or harm due to your doctor or hospital’s negligence, you should immediately seek the help of an experienced medical malpractice attorney at Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff, & Wolff of RMFW Law at 212 697 9280.
Keep in mind that medical malpractice cases are often complex, making it crucial for you to have expert legal representation to file a medical malpractice lawsuit and make sure that you get the compensation you are legally entitled to.
Stop yelling. If you are doing that, there is no point and you may by hurting your chances. You have a right to be upset but you may need one of those people on your side in the future. The doctor or medical professional who messed up is no longer working with you. Call us, we know how to target that person! They cannot hide from us.
This is now a legal matter. Call RMFW Law so we can make this right. It will take months or perhaps longer than a year to bring home the bacon and for you to become financially vindicated so let’s start today. What is your side of the story?